Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh, the honeymoon phase!

It's official! I am now working during the day again. I can't contain my excitement over this development. It is so nice to be able to meet friends for dinner, to be able to tell what day it is just because my alarm went off. Oh, the bliss. I'm happier and since the husband transferred to San Antonio, he's much happier too. Life is good. I don't say that often enough.

So... I started my new job on Monday. And maybe it's spring, maybe it's sleeping at night again, or maybe it's just me, but it feels like a giant weight has been lifted. The change has a name, but I didn't realize how much of a fundamental change this would be for me. I'm having a tremendous opportunity to impact change in an newly developing program, and to be able to make such a global impact is very gratifying. When I say global, I mean GLOBAL. I wake up excited to go to work. I didn't realize before, but I was that dreaded burned out social worker, who didn't hate their job, but wasn't truly in love with it anymore. I can't say I'm back in love, but I'm definitely closer to the "I miss you, hey lets talk about getting back together" feeling. I don't feel like I'm just doing things because it pays the bills and because I'm worried about not having any other options. Like I said, if the changes I impact and make are truly embraced I will most certainly have lots of options. I also like that my boss allows me to be independent and accepts my stubbornness as an asset. If only the rest of the world would see it as that. It's nice to work with people are just like me in that respect. It's refreshing to feel as though I finally belong. So lets hope this honeymoon lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment