Monday, April 11, 2011

Changes on the horizon

It's been a couple of months since my last post. As we only have one computer and it was in my husband's possession for that time, that meant I had little opportunity to post. Things have been busy. I've been working a lot of nights, husband has been working a lot of days. It's a good thing we are both pretty independent. The only real difficulty is that since he has only spent two weeks home that means that my night shift work has become even more problematic. Fortunately I have only two more weeks of nights. Insert my happy dance here. In two weeks time I will be working as a sexual assault counselor. It will be a challenge but I am looking forward to regaining my life again. This also means that the husband can work on his schoolwork while I'm at work and then we will actually get to spend evenings together when he is home. I definitely miss that and can't wait to have that back. It's still really frustrating with the husbands work, he's moved...again, at least he keeps moving closer to home. He's been gone for three weeks at a time. Ugh! They keep changing his schedule so there's no knowing when he's coming home. The harder part is trying to maintain my independence and balance that with his absences and uncertain returns. To say that it creates friction at times, is putting it mildly. The thing that keeps it running even remotely smoothly is the idea that it's temporary. Just as my schedule is temporary, so is the husbands. Changes they are a coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment